Each year, thousands of homes and businesses are impacted by fire damage. Use these tips for fire safety to ensure that you are not just another statistic.
- Place smoke detectors on each level of your home. Installing them inside bedrooms and outside of
sleeping areas is ideal.
- Be sure to test your smoke detectors on a monthly basis and replace the batteries when you reset
your clock during daylight savings time in the spring and fall.
- Create a fire escape plan with your family members and practice it regularly.
- Have a fire safe in your home to store important valuables in case you can’t get to them during the
event of a fire.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or near anything that might catch fire.
- Always remember to turn off the range and oven after cooking.
- If a fire occurs, GET OUT, STAY OUT, and CALL FOR HELP. Never go back inside for anything or